1. Promotion of a scientific approach to the Restoration of Historic Monuments of Greece, from the point of view of the philosophical aspects and the International principles of Restoration, as well as the scientific research concerning the repair materials and techniques. In these terms, ΕΤΕPΑΜ aims at promoting restoration research and design [projects] in the frame of various disciplines, such as Architect, Civil Engineer, Chemist, Chemical Engineer, Topographer, Geologist, Environmental Engineer etc., all belonging to natural and applied sciences.
2. Defense, support and recognition of the role of the above specialized scientists, who are working on the Restoration of Historical Monuments.
3. Monitoring compliance of the internationally renowned Principles of Restoration in Greece.
4. Organizing, promoting and supporting actions, aiming at the protection, conservation and rehabilitation of the architectural heritage of all eras in Greece, but also in the wider European and non-European neighbouring territories. (The Architectural Heritage is perceived as including single or clusters of historic buildings, historic locations, archeological sites etc.)
TOOLS FOR ACHIEVING GOALS
1. ETEPAM aims at fulfilling its goals with any appropriate means, following the decision of its members, in accordance with the national and international legislation, as well as with respect to the scientific and professional ethics of its members and other persons with whom it communicates or collaborates.
2. Below is an indicative list of available tools:
a) Organization of scientific lectures, discussions, conferences and seminars, as well as participation in relevant events of similar interest.
b) Publication of books, journals, newsletters and informative material, for the promotion of the study, research and the scientific editing of data, in all of the previously mentioned sectors.
c) Supporting and enhancing any credible scientific intervention and concern, relevant to the Society’s topics and goals, by organizing press conferences and public discussions for promoting these efforts.
d) Participation to research projects of the Greek State, the European Union or other Greek and International Organizations, which are related to the Society’s objectives.
e) Operation of the Society as a sector of experts for the investigation of topics related to its objectives.
f) Operation of an informative center in accordance with the Society’s objectives.